24/7 Crisis Intervention & Stabilization
Crisis Intervention Services are available for individuals needing access to a licensed practitioner for help resolving a crisis situation related to behavioral health or substance abuse related situation in Tuscarawas and Carroll Counties. This service of SpringVale Health Centers is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you or a loved one is experiencing a medical emergency or drug overdose, call 911 right away.
Behavioral Crisis Intervention Services Hotlines:
What to Expect at the Crisis Center
The crisis center is staffed with specially trained counselors who rapidly assess acute behavioral health needs and take immediate action to implement an appropriate treatment plan. There is no charge to use crisis services.
If you arrive during regular business hours, you will be met immediately by one of our counselors who will begin working on a treatment plan right away. You are welcome to bring a friend or loved one with you for additional support.
If you need crisis services outside of our regular business hours, call the 24/7 Crisis Hotline for your county (listed above) to be immediately connected with one of our on-call crisis intervention specialists. They will provide guidance on what steps can be taken to address whatever situation you may be experiencing.
Crisis Center Location & Hours
- The Crisis Center is located at 201 Hospital Drive, Dover, Ohio 44622.
- UPDATED: Walk-in support at Dover location Monday & Tuesday 8am-7pm
- UPDATED: Walk-in support at Dover location Wednesday & Thursday 8am-5pm
Do you turn anyone down?
Absolutely not. If you need help, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our staff is prepared to handle any situation that you may experience, including heroin or opiate addiction, suicide prevention, episodes of high anxiety, panic attacks, acute depression, etc.
Crisis Stabilization Unit
The Crisis Stabilization Unit is available at our Hospital Drive location in Dover. The CSU is a short-term program that allows individuals experiencing acute emotional, behavioral health, and/or substance use crisis that cannot be effectively managed in other less intensive programs.
Utilizing a person-centered approach and a collaborative decision-making process, a crisis stabilization plan is developed for each individual with the goal of stabilizing the acute crisis and managing an effective transition to services and programs following discharge.
The Crisis Stabilization Unit is a calm, and therapeutic environment. Our staff are dedicated to preserving the safety and dignity of the individual.
- Help for adults experiencing a crisis who do not need psychiatric hospitalization
- A 5-bed Crisis Stabilization Unit staffed 24/7 by professional mental healthcare providers
- Access to SpringVale Health Centers’ on-site psychiatric services
- Caring staff that provides ongoing assessments and develops a plan that works
- Provide critical links to outpatient mental healthcare services for ongoing care